Serves 4 as an appetizer
7 SmartPoints® Per serving
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until scallions are tender, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook. Tossing constantly, until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in oregano and pepper. Transfer to medium bowl and stir in feta. Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Spoon spinach mixture evenly over one half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled half of each tortilla over filling and press down lightly.
- Heat same skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray quesadillas with olive oil nonstick spray. Place quesadillas in skillet and cook, turning once, until crisp and heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with marinara.
These make a quick and delicious lunch served with a cup of soup or a green salad. They are also terrific served with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce instead of marinara sauce.
Get more recipes
Greek Food, Spanakopita Quesadillas
These make a quick and delicious lunch served with a cup of soup or a green salad. They are also terrific served with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce