Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Serves 4 - Vegetarian
6 SmartPoints® Per serving
- 6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotles en adobo
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (7-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms release their juice and it evaporates, about 8 minutes. Stir in chipotle. Transfer to plate and let cool slightly. Wipe skillet clean.
- Layer one-fourth each of the mushroom mixture, beans, tomato, scallions, goat cheese, and cilantro on half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled half of each tortilla over filling, pressing down lightly.
- Spray same skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet and cook until browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Spray quesadillas with nonstick spray and turn over. Cook until quesadillas a browned in spots and filling is heated through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to cutting board; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
Get more recipes
Mexican Food, Quesadilla
Warm black bean quesadilla with goat cheese
lunch or dinner