Show Your Body Some Love
Get in touch with your body with this simple wind-down stretch. You can do it anytime, anywhere, but it’s particularly nice followed by a soak in a hot bath. (You’ve earned it.)
- Stand upright and keep your legs hip distance apart.(Try yoga trick: fists between your standing feet.)
- Keeping your arms loose, move your shoulders up and forward. Then move them back and down.
- Continue moving in this circular motion for about 45 seconds or longer.
- Stand with your feet at hip distance again.
- Bend at the hips, making your upper body parallel to the floor.
- Keep your legs at a slight bend and let your hands rest on the ground or hold your elbows—whatever feels best!
- Slowly bend and straighten your legs for about 45 seconds or longer.
- Lie on your back.
- Bring your right knee up to your chest, then let it fall to the left, and place your left hand on your right knee while you stretch your right arm out straight.
- Look to the right and repeat the twist on the other side.